Archive for May 1, 2019

The Museum was opened in 1878 in a building it shared with the public library. It was extended when a new building was built adjacent to the original building in 1964. It contains some interesting galleries including

* Paintings by local artist Joseph Wright

* History of Derby

* Reconstruction of the room from Exeter House in 1745 when it was briefly the command centre of the Jacobite army.

* The regimental museum of the 9th/12th Lancers, the Sherwood Foresters and the Derbyshire Yeomanry.