Posts Tagged ‘Millom’

DSC02330

1742 Millom, a light industrial shunter, was built in Leeds in 1946 for the Ministry of Supply. For the next 10 years it operated on government depots in the North of England. In 1957, it was sold to a mining company for use on temporary tracks laid to the open mine faces. These light engines were ideal for such work. It operated until 1968 when it was transferred to the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, where it is now used for pulling passenger services.

DSC02331

s059