Archive for November 16, 2016

LMS 8F '48624' at Horstead Keynes

8F ‘48624’ at Horstead Keynes

48624 was built at Ashford in Kent and entered service in 1943. Its service was on heavy goods trains and it was withdrawn from service in 1965 following a fractured steam pipe. It was sent to Barry scrap-works where it stayed until being rescued in 1981. 28 years of restoration later it was returned to service and 2 years later it transferred to its current home on the Great Central Railway.

 

 

LMS 8F '48624' leaves Horstead Keynes

8F ‘48624’ leaves Horstead Keynes