4771 Green Arrow was built is in 1936 for the London and North Eastern Railway at Doncaster. It is a V2 class engine, designed by Nigel Gresley and was designed for express freight and passenger trains. It was withdrawn from service in 1962 and restored at Doncaster immediately afterwards. it moved around a number of storage depots before being returned to working order in 1972 and finding a permanent home at Carnforth the following year.
It was withdrawn from service in 2008 and is now at the National Railway Museum in York, awaiting an overhaul to return it to mainline working order.