Archive for July 28, 2014

DSCN3757a

42085 is one of 2 Fairburn’s that are now working at the Lakeside and Haverthwiate railway in Cumbria. It was built at Brighton in 1951 for British Railways and saw brief service on the southern region being stationed at Brighton and then Stewarts Lane in south London. In 1952 it was transferred to Gateshead and subsequently saw service at a number of depots in the north-east before being transferred to Leeds in 1965. It was purchased from BR in October 1965 and transferred to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway.

DSCN3759a

DSCN3760a

DSCN3762a


Video by johnmn2009