8572 was built for the LNER and entered service in June 1928. It spent almost all of its working life in East Anglia until it was withdrawn in 1959 at the same time as all the B12’s. However, it soon found it’s way back into use and was finally withdrawn in 1961. It spent a number of years hauling rail tours on BR tracks before arriving at North Norfolk railway in 1967, where it was externally restored and put on static display. It was finally restored and returned to service in 1995.